Friday, March 29, 2013

happy easter

good morning!
Its a gorgeous sunny day here in Perth.. We are in autumn now and it can be a bit chilly at night and in the morning, but we are still reaching around 30degrees c. during the day which is so perfect!!!

I am getting my table ready for  our Easter dinner tomorrow and although its autumn, Easter celebrations always feel spring like!!

I make a wreath for my table with fresh spring colours

 
I would have prefered the roses a paler pink, but sometimes you just have to take what you can get at the markets!!!

 
Camelia leaves, daisies, berries and Dodda vine all say spring to me! so pretty!
 

 
I pulled out some old vintage wallpaper I found at a thrift store several years ago and have laid it on my table as a runner... Never decided what to do with it but I think it might be pretty on the inside of a bookshelf
My brothers and s.i.l as well as my mum will be coming over for a roast dinner tomorrow afternoon; I am not the best cook, so it will be interesting!!!
 
I made this Celebrate banner for my mums birthday last year and totally forgot about it!!  I saw one similar on Pinterest and copied the idea!

 
I recieved my books the other day from the book depository!!
The Shabby Chic Home by Rachel Ashwell
Pretty Pastel Style by Selina Lake

 
Pale and Interesting by Atlanta Bartlett and David Coote

 
Will be reading these, curled up on the sofa with a warm cup of tea over the long weekend!
 
My hubby is flying out to Turkey this afternoon for work , so , hoping he can pick up some lovely rugs for me!! I told him that it might depend on the cost, if its ridiculous, i will tell him not to bother, but I need to look out lots of pics of rug types/patterns/colours etc to show him the kind of thing I like... this could end in disaster!!!  Trying to choose something for me is usually not my husbands strong point!!! but i will hope for the best! lol!
 

 
Have a wonderful, safe, happy Easter everyone, wherever you may be!!!
 
Laura xx

8 comments:

  1. What pretty Easter inspiration
    I am your newest follower!
    Wishing you a very happy Easter Laura!

    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same to you, sweet Laura. I love your sweet floral piece and the wallpaper makes a great tahle cover- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I was always worried when my ex used to bring things back for me!
    Happy Easter Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your guests will be so stunned by the beauty of your table they won't care if the roast isn't perfect! Happy Easter Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Your autumn temperatures for Easter are about like our spring temperatures where we live. We have had some times with below-freezing temperatures in the past week! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your center piece is beautiful and will be perfect for your Easter dinner. Here in Sunny CA it will be in the 70's and a nice day. Have a wonderful Easter.
    One of your new followers, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THAT CENTER PIECE GIRLY .. jUST BEAUTIFUL .. HOPE THAT YOU HAD A VERY BLESSED EASTER MY FRIEND.....lOVE, sherry @ tHE RUSTY PEARL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok.....I'm following you again and am on your email subscriber list now, Laura! I am so excited that you've stepped out on a new journey and are following the joys of your heart, sweetie! You are going to be so successful with creating those beautiful floral arrangements - I just know it! :) I've heard that when you can make money doing something that you love....life is good! And your pillows are just amazing, too! I can see you smiling to yourself as you surround yourself with your creative treasures. :) So glad that you're back in Bloglandia, my friend! I'm not going to miss any more of your posts from now on! lol

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete