Tuesday, November 19, 2013

some new things, pretty bridal cape

Hello,

finally feeling up to posting.  not many photos though as   I cannot seem to find my memory cards anywhere unfortunately!


I tried to take a couple of photos but my camera can only store a couple on its internal memory..


Anyway, these are from a pretty Bavarian dinner set I found a few days ago in a thrift store!  the first roses from my garden, and some lilacs about to bloom!


I have been meaning to change the wallpaper forever, just havent had time... really want mouldings applied to the walls.


I have been repainting the whole house though, which is a massive job... even the skirtings and cornices, all the doors and frames! 


And this is a little bridal cape I made.  I stitched the chiffon and tule and applied all the flowers... babies breath, aldomedra, and geraldton wax with an pretty anemone in the center...


Have been doing a lot of flowers, and its almost the end of semester which is portfolio time!  I have a lot of work to do and considering I cant find my memory cards I am going to struggle!

Havent felt like blogging a lot lately as I lost a dear friend.  I wont go into details but it was a horrible, unexpected accident and everyone who knew him and the family were just devastated.

I m sorry once again that I have been a bad blogger!  Hopefully my memory cards will turn up and i can take some pics of everything I have been meaning to lately!!

                                                              lots of love   Laura xxxx

16 comments:

  1. Your photos are just lovely. I am very sorry about your friend. Tragedy makes life hard--wishing you comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about being a bad blogger Laura ? Blogginf had to be a pleasure, and we can't share when our soul is devastated. Take care of you. When we are confronted to such tragedies, we have to be conscious of shortness of our lives and to try to see the small things that can lighten our soul.
    thank you for your nice pictures and many hugs...

    Joëlle

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry about your friend. Hopefully you will find your memory cards. Your pictures ae very lovely and te bridal cape is stunning. Have a great week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss, the loss of a friend hurts your heart in a different and unexpected place it seems. Take your time, and remember to take care of you..

    Your pictures are pretty. Those memory cards will turn up when you no longer need them, isn't that the way of things we are looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sorry for your loss. YOUR pics are beautiful. GOD bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear of your sad loss Laura, and your bridal cape is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Laura - I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Sending prayers of peace and healing for all of you. ♥ Take your time with the grieving process. God is holding you in his arms.

    Your talent in floral and interior design just continues to get more and more professional, my friend. The cape is just amazing, and truly one of a kind. Just beautiful!

    Peace and blessings to you, sweetie ~

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are not a bad blogger. I just lost my brother in May and I too have not blogged much. I leave it all up to my blog partner Edie Marie. She's been holding me up. But we will get there...OK ?

    Now...I love your wall paper that is on your wall now. Such a gorgeous pattern. The moulding would be gorgeous too.
    The bridal cape...now that is just to die for. Love it !!!
    When you do get the time.I did make a bridal Christmas tree.You might like that.
    You hang in there Dear,
    And May God bless you,
    Marie Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post Laura-I always love all your photos ♥ And look forwad to next post!!!Have a nice week dear!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, sweetie! And may the new year bring you abundant blessings, love, light, and joy!! Thank you for your sweet friendship! ♥

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful... I love coming here.

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Laura! Just checking in you since I haven't seen a post or note from you for a while. Hope that you are happy, healthy, and doing well, my sweet friend. Sending you love and hugs!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete

  13. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed...
    Cape Coral Real Estate Market

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete